“Thank God ahead of time.”
The saints have all recognized the need for gratitude. Many of them had profound advice that can encourage us in our daily struggle to be thankful.
Here are seven quotes from different saints that can inspire us and remind us of the need to be thankful.
“Thank God ahead of time.” – Blessed Solanus Casey
“The best way to show my gratitude is to accept everything, even my problems, with joy.” – St. Teresa of Calcutta
“Remember the past with gratitude. Live the present with enthusiasm. Look forward to the future with confidence.” – St. John Paul II
“Get used to lifting your heart to God, in acts of thanksgiving, many times a day. Because he gives you this and that. Because you have been despised. Because you haven’t what you need or because you have. Because he made his Mother so beautiful, his Mother who is also your Mother. Because he created the sun and the moon and this animal and that plant. Because he made that man eloquent and you he left tongue-tied … Thank him for everything, because everything is good.” – St. Josemaria Escriva
“In all created things discern the providence and wisdom of God, and in all things give Him thanks.” – St. Teresa of Avila
“Jesus does not demand great action from us but simply surrender and gratitude.” – St. Therese of Lisieux
“The secret of happiness is to live moment by moment and to thank God for what He is sending us every day in His goodness.” – St. Gianna Beretta Molla
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!