I consecrate this child to you with great confidence …
Everything I am and everything I have comes from you and depends on you. In your love, sustain this fragile life within me, even as you have sustained me through the years. Make my body a safe and nurturing environment for your new child, until I welcome this new life into the world.
Jesus, savior of my soul, during your own life, you yourself were once so utterly dependent on your mother’s womb for the protection it offered. When you were grown, you showed us your special love for children, taking them into your arms and calling us to turn and become like they are. Take my own child into your arms. I consecrate this child to you with great confidence, entrusting what is closest to my own heart to your own most sacred heart.
Be kind to me, Lord, at the moment of this child’s birth, and guard both of us from harm. Mother Mary, conceived without sin, be with me, guiding me, as I begin the great work of caring for and raising this child, who belongs in the end, not to me, but to your Son. Teach me to love this child with your own perfect motherly love, and keep us both in your care until we reach our final home.
O strong and holy St. Joseph, and you, our Guardian Angels, guard my family and lead us together home to Christ, where we may eternally praise and thank him for the gift of our lives.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!