Luke Skywalker is obviously a Franciscan (but could also be a Carmelite or a Jesuit).
Another religious order that bears an outward resemblance to the Jedi Knights are the Carmelites. One could say they wear an “inverted” Jedi robe as they wear a brown habit with a tan cloak that goes on the top. This reverses the Jedi’s garb which consists of a brown cloak and tan clothes underneath.
Carmelites are known for their spiritual wisdom, practicing meditation and contemplation that brings them to great spiritual heights.
While the Jedi’s religious beliefs are more akin to Buddhist teachings, they also practice meditation and are sought out for their spiritual insights.
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!