This amazing woman tells us how to sow happiness into our daily lives.
When asked how she can be so joyful, she shared 3 keys to how she sows happiness in her daily life:
Every morning begins with gratitude to God for waking up, for being given another day. Then, she says, she thanks God for running water, for soap, for toothpaste, for food. “Sometimes we get up and we think, ‘I don’t think I can make it today,’ but we have to realize that we are truly blessed,” she says.
We don’t have to make an exception to our daily lives in order to serve. In fact, service is less an action one plans out than it is a whole attitude of being. “After I meditate and have my prayer,” she continues. “I just say, ‘Okay, God, how may I serve you today? And who can I help today?'”
Cartoons, she adds surprisingly, are also vital to her happiness. Fostering a sense of simplicity and childlikeness before she begins her day helps create peace as she awaits answers to her questions for God.
Sometimes it’s the little things that make all the difference. If you find yourself overwhelmed or discontented, you might try creating simplicity and peace in your morning routine. Instead of checking your phone or answering emails first thing in the morning, take a moment to be grateful and maybe even watch some cartoons!
You can hear more in the video below …
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!