His efforts quickly inspired others to help, too.
Barely able to lift the backpack, Jacob shuffled down the street to deliver one of his packages. Its recipient, Dave, shares in the video above how rare it is for him to receive genuine kindness from others. “I normally get moaned and sweared and cursed at,” he says. “It’s not my fault I’m homeless. It’s nice seeing someone actually doing something and not criticizing us for being homeless.”
This winter, with so many stranded outdoors in the cold, every little gift helps. All it takes is one small decision made a reality.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!