Just because you don’t have a date doesn’t mean you can’t spread the love!
Here are 5 ways to spread the love this Valentine’s Day, if you’re single:
- Babysit. Do your married friends a solid and babysit for a couple who needs a night out.
- Take care of your friends. Buy a special something for a friend who’s also single or has recently been through a break-up to make them feel loved.
- Volunteer. Take advantage of your free time on the busiest date night of the year and donate your time to a soup kitchen or non-profit.
- Little acts of kindness. Buy food for a homeless person you pass on the street, pay for the person behind you in line when you get your morning coffee, or make a point to smile at the people you talk to. Whatever you do, do it with love.
- Self-care. You don’t need a date to feel valued. If you’re in need of a little rest or feeling the loneliness this year, set aside some time to practice self-care.
We all need more love this Valentine’s Day, so don’t let your singleness get in the way of sharing it. Make a decision to show a little love, and have a very happy Valentine’s Day.
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!