Just because you don’t have a date doesn’t mean you can’t spread the love!
Here are 5 ways to spread the love this Valentine’s Day, if you’re single:
- Babysit. Do your married friends a solid and babysit for a couple who needs a night out.
- Take care of your friends. Buy a special something for a friend who’s also single or has recently been through a break-up to make them feel loved.
- Volunteer. Take advantage of your free time on the busiest date night of the year and donate your time to a soup kitchen or non-profit.
- Little acts of kindness. Buy food for a homeless person you pass on the street, pay for the person behind you in line when you get your morning coffee, or make a point to smile at the people you talk to. Whatever you do, do it with love.
- Self-care. You don’t need a date to feel valued. If you’re in need of a little rest or feeling the loneliness this year, set aside some time to practice self-care.
We all need more love this Valentine’s Day, so don’t let your singleness get in the way of sharing it. Make a decision to show a little love, and have a very happy Valentine’s Day.
Since you are here…
…we’d like to have one more word with you. We are excited to report that Aleteia’s readership is growing at a rapid rate, world-wide! Our team proves its mission every day by providing high-quality content that informs and inspires a Christian life. But quality journalism has a cost and it’s more than ads can cover. We want our articles to be accessible to everyone, free of charge, but we need your help. To continue our efforts to nourish and inspire our Catholic family, your support is invaluable. Become an Aleteia Patron today for as little as $3 a month. May we count on you?