Just because you don't have a date doesn't mean you can't spread the love!
For us singletons, Valentine’s Day isn’t about chocolates and roses this year. But even if you’re running low on romance at the moment, you can still share in the love.
Here are 5 ways to spread the love this Valentine’s Day, if you’re single:
- Babysit. Do your married friends a solid and babysit for a couple who needs a night out.
- Take care of your friends. Buy a special something for a friend who’s also single or has recently been through a break-up to make them feel loved.
- Volunteer. Take advantage of your free time on the busiest date night of the year and donate your time to a soup kitchen or non-profit.
- Little acts of kindness. Buy food for a homeless person you pass on the street, pay for the person behind you in line when you get your morning coffee, or make a point to smile at the people you talk to. Whatever you do, do it with love.
- Self-care. You don’t need a date to feel valued. If you’re in need of a little rest or feeling the loneliness this year, set aside some time to practice self-care.
We all need more love this Valentine’s Day, so don’t let your singleness get in the way of sharing it. Make a decision to show a little love, and have a very happy Valentine’s Day.