“God Is Young” gives pope a chance to address youth across the globe
This book, explains the Italian publisher, is based on interviews with writer and journalist Thomas Leoncini. The pope addresses himself to “young people from all over the world, inside and outside the Church, in a courageous, intimate, and memorable dialogue.” This book, continues Piemme, aims to be “a bridge between generations to deeply renew our societies.”
This book will be published on or around March 20 in more than 15 countries, in both Europe and America. In the USA and Canada, the book will be published by Random House. As a sign of his personal interest, Pope Francis hand-wrote the title for the book cover in six languages: Italian, French, Spanish, English, Portuguese and German.
The publication of this book will take place a few days before the regional World Youth Day, celebrated every year on Palm Sunday, which falls on March 25 this year. The book will also give food for thought during the pre-synod with young people organized in Rome from March 19 to 24. In October, bishops from around the world will gather at the Vatican for the synodal assembly.
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!