Apostolic exhortation could be released March 19, feast of St. Joseph
The cardinal, who is archbishop of Tegucigalpa, Honduras, made this announcement on the sidelines of the presentation of the book Tutti Gli uomini di Francesco (“All Francis’ Men” in English) in Rome on February 28. He commented that the pope “is preparing a beautiful document on holiness.” It could be published on March 19, feast of St. Joseph, said Vatican Insider.
Shorter than the pope’s previous two documents – Evangelii Gaudium (2013) and Amoris Laetitia (2016) – this exhortation will contain an appeal to holiness addressed to all the baptized, said the cardinal.
Sanctity is a theme regularly addressed by the pontiff, especially in his catecheses. Holiness, said the pope on November 2014, is not “a privilege of the few,” but rather something that is to be a “gift to all” the faithful, including the laity.
The universal call to holiness is a key teaching from the Second Vatican Council.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!