Discussing the theme: “Woman, pillar of the building of the Church and society in Latin America.”
By way of exception, Guzmán Carriquiry emphasized, Pope Francis authorized 15 women to participate in the Plenary Assembly alongside the cardinals and bishops who are members and consultants of the Commission. During the work sessions, the participants will study the relationship and participation of women in society and also in evangelization. The pope will receive the participants in audience at the closing session of the Plenary Assembly.
In addition, noted the secretary of the Commission, a dinner will be organized with about 40 women who are employed within the Vatican in order to give them “homage.” This is taking place today, on the occasion of the World Day of Women.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!