He practiced what he preached.
It is a difficult teaching to abide by, but it is essential to the Christian life. Forgiveness is one of the hallmarks of Christianity and is something that was extremely foreign to the ancient world of vengeance and retribution. This was part of the “Good News” of the gospel that attracted so many people to the faith.
As we examine our lives, let us look to Jesus’ words on forgiveness for inspiration, responding to his call to go above and beyond our natural inclinations to show God’s love for all humanity.
Below is a slideshow that showcases some of Jesus’ most powerful words on forgiveness.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!