Twitter is abuzz with tributes to the famous scientist who passed away early today at the age of 76.
Despite his critical views on religion, Hawking inspired many with his optimistic outlook in the face of illness and disability, and his life experiences provided him with many wise insights. To honor his memory, Twitter users have been tweeting out their favorite and most inspiring quotes from Hawking. You can read some of them below.
As we remember this brilliant scientist today, let us also remember his soul in our prayers.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!