His YouTube channel is dedicated to helping other dads spend more time with their daughters.
As a single dad, Greg sometimes had a difficult time bonding with his young daughter until a cosmetology student taught him the basics for doing hair. Now, not only does he bond with his daughter by doing her hair every day, but the daughter-daddy duo have a YouTube channel to teach other single dads how to bond with their own daughters.
At the beginning, he could barely manage a simple ponytail, but her delight at his efforts made it all worth it in the end. “After the first time I did a French braid on her, she looked in the mirror and then looked up at me and said, ‘You did a good job, Daddy,’ and that was the first time I really made my daughter feel proud,” Wickherst said.
Above all, Greg wants other dads to know this: “It’s not about being perfect. It’s about being present. […] It’s really just to make her feel confident, to make her feel proud, and really a way to help bond with your kids.”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!