Remember the woman at the well? Tradition says she is now in the heavenly court.
Little is known about what happened to most of these characters, but various traditions have proclaimed some of these individuals as saints, members of the heavenly court who intercede for us before the throne of Divine Mercy.
Here is a short list of characters in the Gospels who, after conversing with the Son of God, were forever changed and followed Jesus’ teachings until their departure from this world to the next.
Click “Launch the Slideshow” in the image below:
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!