The popular TV host and actor teaches his social media followers about Jesus’ passion and the Eucharist.
The visit has been something on his “bucket list” for a long time and thus far he has visited places such as the Sea of Galilee, Nazareth, Mount of the Beatitudes, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the Jordan River.
While at the Jordan River, Lopez was led by a pair of Catholic priests to renew his baptismal promises.
— Mario Lopez (@MarioLopezExtra) March 22, 2018
Lopez was profoundly impacted by a visit to the place of the Last Supper, where he explained to his followers what took place there and how it was the site of the first Mass.
The Last Supper… pic.twitter.com/1Ova9bERWJ
— Mario Lopez (@MarioLopezExtra) March 23, 2018
It has been a deeply moving visit for Lopez and he has boldly shared his experiences on his Twitter and Instagram pages.
The popular TV host has been growing in his Catholic faith in recent years and explained to Fox News Latino in 2015, “I think as I’ve gotten older, I’ve just tried to build a more spiritual muscle in a business that is very unpredictable. It’s nice to have something that is consistent in our life — family and faith is that for me.”
He has also expressed previously the reasons why he sends his children to Catholic schools, “It’s important for me that my kids have a faith-based education, so obviously they’re in Catholic school…I’m always proud to promote that I am Catholic.”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!