The popular TV host and actor teaches his social media followers about Jesus’ passion and the Eucharist.
The visit has been something on his “bucket list” for a long time and thus far he has visited places such as the Sea of Galilee, Nazareth, Mount of the Beatitudes, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the Jordan River.
While at the Jordan River, Lopez was led by a pair of Catholic priests to renew his baptismal promises.
— Mario Lopez (@MarioLopezExtra) March 22, 2018
Lopez was profoundly impacted by a visit to the place of the Last Supper, where he explained to his followers what took place there and how it was the site of the first Mass.
The Last Supper… pic.twitter.com/1Ova9bERWJ
— Mario Lopez (@MarioLopezExtra) March 23, 2018
It has been a deeply moving visit for Lopez and he has boldly shared his experiences on his Twitter and Instagram pages.
The popular TV host has been growing in his Catholic faith in recent years and explained to Fox News Latino in 2015, “I think as I’ve gotten older, I’ve just tried to build a more spiritual muscle in a business that is very unpredictable. It’s nice to have something that is consistent in our life — family and faith is that for me.”
He has also expressed previously the reasons why he sends his children to Catholic schools, “It’s important for me that my kids have a faith-based education, so obviously they’re in Catholic school…I’m always proud to promote that I am Catholic.”
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!