Working with the Kiefer Foundation, the actor wants to help save lives.
Yesterday, Mark Wahlberg tweeted out his support for the family, saying, “We must do something about this. I don’t want to lose one more person to this preventable killing. […] Please, don’t text and drive. #JustDrive.”
“I literally collapsed when the officer gave us the news,” Mitchell’s father said. “You can let a tragic event in your life basically destroy your life or you can use it to repurpose your life, and we’ve [our family] all agreed we’re going to try to use it to repurpose our lives, and make some good of it.”
In addition to The Kiefer Foundation website, you can find more about the #JustDrive campaign on Twitter.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!