When we’re not feeling well, we just want the love only a mother can give.
Last Friday Li rang her mom, Shixia Huang, a cancer researcher from Texas, and told her that she felt she was coming down with something, complaining that she had a headache. While lots of us might have said pop a Tylenol and get a good night’s sleep, Huang said: “Okay, I can catch the next flight.”
Although Li replied: “Is that a joke?” the next thing she knew, her mom was by her side. A happy Li posted a picture of the two together for proof after Huang had hopped on a flight and traveled half the length of the country, to New York, just to check on her daughter. Proving a mother’s job is never done, Li reported that her mom had taken her straight to the doctor and made her a wholesome soup to ensure a speedy recovery. She ended her impromptu visit by cooking some more healthy meals to keep her daughter going, as well as cleaning the kitchen.
While Li told Buzzfeed that the flights were “shockingly cheap” making the visit a little easier, we can’t help but adore this caring mom who, at the end of a busy working week, packed her bags and ran to her daughter’s side. Huang shared: “No matter how old my daughter is, I will always cross the world for her. When I could not do it physically one day, I will surely do it in my heart.”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!