Unlike everyone else, one woman decided to stop and ask the question, “Are you all right?”
When Celeste Ng drove past an elderly woman sitting alone on the sidewalk, she decided to do just that, and she didn’t regret it.
Especially when it comes to the elderly and vulnerable, it’s the responsibility of every person to encourage kindness and safety for others and ourselves. There is rarely regret found in treating others with generosity and charity.
Editor’s note: Celeste Ng is a New York Times best-selling author. Her first novel, Everything I Never Told You, was named Amazon’s Book of the Year in 2014. Her current novel, Little Fires Everywhere, is being made into a miniseries for Hulu.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!