Pope Francis offered today’s Mass for his Predecessor on his birthday
While his strength is lessened, he remains in a good mood, and enjoys good company, the archbishop added, speaking ahead of a presentation of a documentary on the German Pontiff, shown at the Vatican Film Library.
The Emeritus Pope was just then praying the rosary in the Vatican Gardens, Gänswein said.
This evening, the band of the Pontifical Swiss Guard was to play in honor of the Pope Emeritus at the Mater Ecclesiae monastery where he resides.
And this morning, Pope Francis offered his morning Mass in the Casa Santa Marta for the intention of his Predecessor.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!