A new campaign seeks to make parents more aware of the dangers of posting about their kids online.
The most vulnerable population of our society possesses no control over what photos or intimate details of them are shared online — kids. It’s become commonplace for parents to post updates on their children as they grow up, like their first steps, potty training, and more. In fact, the majority of parents will have posted 1,500 photos of their child before their child turns 5 years old.
And often these photos can be compromising. What many parents don’t realize is that one problem with posting photos of their kids online is that it makes them vulnerable to sexual predators.
A new video from the Child Rescue Coalition is seeking to raise awareness of this issue and to inform parents who may be unknowingly making their children vulnerable to sex offenders. The #PrivacyPlease campaign calls for a “hashtag takeover” to raise awareness and protect kids’ safety online.
View this post on Instagram
Create your Privacy Please sign and post it using one of the hashtags that make kids vulnerable to pedophiles. Follow @childrescuecoalition and help us to protect children's innocence. #lovesbiengnude #sinkbath #bathtimefuntime #kidsforpivacy #childrescuecoalition #privacyplease
Watch the video above to learn more, and check out the campaign here.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!