Truckers on a Detroit highway banded together — literally — to save a life.
After several hours of talking to the police, the man left the bridge voluntarily and was taken to a nearby hospital.
With the combined efforts and generosity of the police and the drivers, the situation was resolved safely and peacefully.
If you or anyone you know is experiencing emotional distress, please call the 24/7 National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, or text 741-741.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!