Rise up, O God …
Rise up, O God the Son, and let thy enemies be scattered; and let them that hate thee flee before thee.
Rise up, O God the Holy Spirit, and let thy enemies be scattered; and let them that hate thee flee before thee.
Rise up, O Blessed Virgin, rise up all God’s angels and saints (St. Michael and [include other patrons here]), and let thy enemies be scattered; and let them that hate thee flee before thee.
This prayer is based on a prayer by Father Joseph Kentenich, and is a prayerful rendering of a verse from the Book of Numbers, 10:35.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!