This touching father-son story is a testament to perseverance, courage, and parental sacrifice.
Author Guy Gunaratne shared this touching story about his father on Twitter, and the response was an outpouring of gratitude and kindness.
Some Twitter users shared their own stories of living in immigrant families and the appreciation for the written word that it instilled in them.
Gunaratne’s homage to his father’s perseverance and determination to build a new life serves as a beautiful reminder of the fruit that can be born of parental sacrifice and the courage to become your best self.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!