As Filipinos mark a Year of Clergy and Consecrated Life, relic of this saintly priest to visit the islands for 20 days in October
Plans are still being confirmed, but it is thought that Padre Pio’s heart will be in Manila for Luzon, Cebu for the Visayas and Davao for Mindanao for three days each.
Fr. Joselin Gonda, rector of the National Shrine of St. Pio in Sto. Tomas, Batangas, said the relic of Padre Pio will be in the country for at least 20 days, from Oct. 6 to 26.
Plans are being organized with the bishops’ conference.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!