With Our Lady’s help, he says, we can become increasingly a “gift of love” to those around us
The pope made this invitation in greetings to various language groups at the end of the general audience, especially noting that it is the month of May, traditionally dedicated to Our Lady.
Addressing Portuguese-speaking pilgrims, he encouraged the daily rosary “so you can meet each day with the Virgin Mother, learning from her to cooperate fully with God’s plans of salvation for each one.”
To the Arabic-speakers, he assured that the rosary is a way to pray for the martyred land of Syria.
“I invite you to cultivate devotion to the Mother of God with the daily recitation of the Rosary, praying in particular for peace in Syria and throughout the world,” he told them.
Finally, in the traditional greeting to the young, the elderly, the sick and newlyweds, he noted: “We are in the month of May, a time dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary. Cultivate devotion to Our Lady, through daily recitation of the Rosary, so that like the Mother of God, accepting the mysteries of Christ in your life, you may increasingly be a gift of love for everyone.”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!