The clothing giant seeks to address women who want fashionable clothing that’s also in line with their values.
But while the virtue of modesty ought to be valued by both men and women, it’s often much more difficult for women to find suitable clothing, especially in the summer, so a popular international clothing company has now decided to appeal to that consumer — H&M has recently launched a modest summer clothing line in hopes of “appealing to a wider audience.”
The announcement, however, has been met with mixed reactions. Some wonder why the company felt the need to label these clothes as “modest” at all. Others expressed frustration over the continued ignorance of the many aspects of modesty. But some seem to greatly appreciate the diversity of fashion being offered in H&M’s new summer line.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!