These meaningful classics will stand the test of time.
Also spelled Amelia, this name originated in Germany and is a relative of Emilia. Famously shared by Amelia Earhart, the female world explorer, this name connotes adventure and courage. Nicknames for Amalia: Amy, Malia, Lia or Lindy.
Charlotte is from the French and is the female version of Charles. It began to appear in Britain around the 17th century and recently was chosen by the Royal Family for their newest little princess. Nicknames for Charlotte: Lottie, Char, Charly and Lotte.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!