The pope has spoken of this problem to parents, teachers, and children — and has not hesitated to call it “the work of Satan.”
The following is a selection of 10 quotes in which Pope Francis mentioned bullying and urged the people who were listening to him to act on behalf of children who may be victims.
“Unfortunately, bullying is an ‘air’ that our children often breathe. The remedy is to make them breathe a different air, a healthier and more human one. That’s why an alliance with the parents is very important.”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!