Hillsdale College is offering a lecture series on the work of the Christian apologist, novelist, and critic.
You need not go it alone, though. Hillsdale College is offering a free online course on the Christian apologetics, fiction and cultural criticism and philosophy of C.S. Lewis.
The 9-lecture series is taught by Hillsdale president and professor Larry Arnn, and professors Michael Ward and David Whalen, and examines both Lewis’ academic and popular writing. At the end of the course, students will have a greater understanding of C.S. Lewis and why he is considered by so many to be among the most important writers of the last century. His criticism of scientific materialism, The Abolition of Man, which this course covers, was ranked #7 in National Review’s list of 100 Best Non-Fiction Books of the 20th Century, and Boston College professor Peter Kreeft named it one of six “books to read to save Western Civilization.”
Visit Hillsdale College’s website to take the free course on C.S. Lewis.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!