The “anatomy ultrasound” lets us see an unborn baby as we’ve never seen before.
The breakthrough technology that makes this live image possible “was developed by researchers and clinicians at iFind — a project granted an Innovative Engineering for Health Award of £10 million funded by the Wellcome Trust and the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).”
Commonly known as the anatomy ultrasound, a 20-week scan is routinely conducted in order to detect any abnormalities in the growing baby. This new method of performing the scan will allow doctors to detect issues earlier and hopefully treat them in utero.
Although it’s tremendously valuable for healthcare professionals, the technology is also incredible for mom and dad, due to its ability to capture the unbelievable movements of their child in the womb. Though, now knowing how much they move around in there from such a young age, it’s a wonder any expectant mama isn’t feeling her little one’s jabs all day every day!
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!