Take a step back in time to revisit these words of wisdom presidential wives have shared with the country.
Of course, you may not have always agreed with their husbands’ politics or the policies of their administrations, but these women often demonstrated the virtues we admire in a First Lady and a patriot.
Click on Launch the slideshow below to see how, through the ages, many presidential wives have tried to inspire others, while shouldering the burdens and stresses that came with their role of First Lady of the United States of America.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!