Through the power of God, these saints could be in two places at once.
As Jesus himself said, “For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from hence to yonder place,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you” (Matthew 17:20).
Similarly, if it is within the will of God, humans can be given the gift of bilocation, where they appear to be in two places at once. It is a mystery that can only be explained in the light of God’s miraculous intervention and occurs in cases of extreme sanctity and humility.
Here are five such saints who stunned those they encountered when they appeared to them in a place they would never have been able to reach without the help of God.
Click “launch the slideshow” in the image below:
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!