Ask St. Joseph to help you find the right job for you.
The good news is that St. Joseph understands what you are feeling and can help you in your hour of need.
From sacred scripture we know that St. Joseph was a carpenter (the word really translates as craftsman or master builder), and it was through this occupation that Joseph was able to provide for those entrusted to his care. It wasn’t easy and Joseph had to relocate on at least one occasion, finding work in a foreign land for several years.
On account of this reality Joseph is known by many as a faithful intercessor for those seeking employment. He is often invoked on a daily basis and has found jobs for countless people throughout the centuries.
Below is a popular prayer to St. Joseph for gainful employment. Remember, God always answers our prayers, thought not always in the way that we expect.
Dear Saint Joseph, you were yourself once faced with the responsibility of providing the necessities of life for Jesus and Mary. Look down with fatherly compassion upon me in my anxiety over my present inability to support my family. Please help me to find gainful employment very soon, so that this heavy burden of concern will be lifted from my heart and that I am soon able to provide for those whom God has entrusted to my care. Help us to guard against bitterness and discouragement, so that we may emerge from this trial spiritually enriched and with even greater blessings from God. Amen.
Looking for more prayers? Check out our page of “Prayers for a Particular Need.”
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!