Ask St. Joseph to help you find the right job for you.
The good news is that St. Joseph understands what you are feeling and can help you in your hour of need.
From sacred scripture we know that St. Joseph was a carpenter (the word really translates as craftsman or master builder), and it was through this occupation that Joseph was able to provide for those entrusted to his care. It wasn’t easy and Joseph had to relocate on at least one occasion, finding work in a foreign land for several years.
On account of this reality Joseph is known by many as a faithful intercessor for those seeking employment. He is often invoked on a daily basis and has found jobs for countless people throughout the centuries.
Below is a popular prayer to St. Joseph for gainful employment. Remember, God always answers our prayers, thought not always in the way that we expect.
Dear Saint Joseph, you were yourself once faced with the responsibility of providing the necessities of life for Jesus and Mary. Look down with fatherly compassion upon me in my anxiety over my present inability to support my family. Please help me to find gainful employment very soon, so that this heavy burden of concern will be lifted from my heart and that I am soon able to provide for those whom God has entrusted to my care. Help us to guard against bitterness and discouragement, so that we may emerge from this trial spiritually enriched and with even greater blessings from God. Amen.
Looking for more prayers? Check out our page of “Prayers for a Particular Need.”
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!