Businesses like this provide opportunities for an under-served population — to the benefit of all
Twenty-two year-old Anna is one such employee. Her father described how her work at the restaurant has helped her develop her self-confidence and grow as a person. He told The Tribune, “She’s gained autonomy. When she comes home from work, she is happy, proud of what she’s done.”
After struggling to get by during economic troubles in 2013, the restaurant is back on its feet and cooking up plans for a second restaurant to provide more opportunities for those with disabilities.
You can find out more in the video below.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!