Tickets to events with Francis for his World Meeting of Families visit are nearly gone
Another 45,000 tickets to accompany Pope Francis in his visit to Our Lady of Knock were gone immediately.
The Bishop of Rome will be in Ireland as part of the World Meeting of Families. (Keep your eyes open for Aleteia’s on-the-ground coverage of the weeklong event!)
The World Meeting itself is proving to be popular; the August 22-24 family events are also booked, with some 82,000 expected.
Secretary General of the WMOF2018, Father Tim Bartlett, said he was “hugely encouraged” by the interest.
“I think it will be of great benefit to Ireland as a whole,” he said.
“There is no doubt that the presence of Pope Francis in Ireland for the WMOF2018 will be a memorable and historic occasion,” the priest added. “We have been preparing for the WMOF2018 for almost three years. This period of preparation has offered us an opportunity to change the conversation, to focus instead on the global issues, the common human values and mutual interest between Church and society that converge in working together for the wellbeing of the family.”
Find out more about tickets and the event itself here.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!