This teacher’s last wish was granted at her funeral service.
Her cousin said the Georgia elementary school teacher was “a teacher to the end.”
“She had about 100 teachers as honorary pallbearers, who carried the backpacks out and back to their schools,” he said.
Her students and colleagues paid tribute as well, saying, “She made such an impact on me and taught me everything. I loved to see her welcome us to class and always bring a smile,” and, “I couldn’t have asked for a better mentor and friend.”
Tammy devoted her life to her students, right up to her very last request, and her passion clearly shone through her into the lives of those around her.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!