From poets and scientists to sports stars and celebrities — home-based education has helped many reach the highest levels of success.
As I put together this list, what I noticed were the many different reasons parents had for homeschooling their kids. For some, it was creating a more individualized education for a struggling student, for others it was so they could make their religious faith a part of the curriculum, and for still others it was a matter of simply growing up too far away from a school or traveling too much. There are many different reasons to homeschool.
There’s no one right way to educate a child, but it’s great that homeschooling is a resource for those who want and need it and — as these examples show — it can be a foundational experience that helps a child learn to use their unique gifts and fulfill their mission in life.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!