God gave these holy religious a special gift to discern the true intentions of the people who came to them.
Frequently this gift was granted within the context of the confessional, where the priest would identify the root cause of an action, or reveal sins that were omitted by the penitent.
In all cases, the saint used this gift for the spiritual benefit of the other person, bringing to light something that was hidden, healing the person’s soul in the process.
Here are five such saints who possessed this gift and used it when it necessary.
Click “launch the slideshow” in the image below:
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!