If you are an anxious grandparent, here is a powerful prayer for those you dearly care about.
In fact, only in Heaven will we truly realize how much the prayers of grandparents have brought many of us back to the Church after wandering for so many years!
One of the most powerful set of intercessors that grandparents can turn to are Sts. Joachim and Anne. They were the grandparents of Jesus Christ and the parents of the Blessed Virgin Mary. What an amazing household of faith!
Below is a simple prayer, often called the “Grandparent’s Prayer,” that can be prayed on a daily basis for all of your grandchildren. It is also a reminder of the great task that grandparents have and a daily call to conversion, recognizing the fact that grandchildren will always look to their grandparents for inspiration, whether they admit it or not.
Good Saint Anne and Saint Joachim,
parents of Mary and grandparents to Jesus,
be with me and all grandparents
that we may be wise and loving,
may share our time and stories and sense of humor,
and may enjoy and not spoil too much the grandchildren
who are close to our hearts,
for they are the sign of God’s life to us.
Jesus, Mary and Joseph,
be with our grandchildren and all other grandchildren
that they may love and respect their grandparents
and all older people,
may remember to call,
visit or write,
and grow in wisdom,
age and grace before God.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!