Merle and Stella will remind you of the beauty of marriage and family.
After Merle moved into a nursing home and had a bad experience, Stella insisted that he move back home so she could take care of him herself. With the help of their grandchildren and neighbors, Merle and Stella are going strong in love, life, and laughter.
“I’m happy and he’s happy,” Stella says, “and when he’s happy, I’m happy.”
Merle responds, “I’m happy when she’s around.”
Watch the video below to see the interview with Merle and Stella. In an age that can be so suspicious of romance and marriage, their commitment and longevity is a beautiful reminder that it’s not youth or success that make a life, but our family and the love we give.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!