Merle and Stella will remind you of the beauty of marriage and family.
After Merle moved into a nursing home and had a bad experience, Stella insisted that he move back home so she could take care of him herself. With the help of their grandchildren and neighbors, Merle and Stella are going strong in love, life, and laughter.
“I’m happy and he’s happy,” Stella says, “and when he’s happy, I’m happy.”
Merle responds, “I’m happy when she’s around.”
Watch the video below to see the interview with Merle and Stella. In an age that can be so suspicious of romance and marriage, their commitment and longevity is a beautiful reminder that it’s not youth or success that make a life, but our family and the love we give.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!