He’s asked us before and asks us again, saying that it’s our “homework” to help children learn to make this first act of faith
“Have you seen how children make it?” he asked today in the general audience.
He lamented that many children make some sort of gesture without understanding or knowing what they are doing. “They do not know how to make the Sign of the Cross!”
“Teach them to do it in the Name of the Father, of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. [It is the] first act of faith of a child,” he said.
To help you with this papal homework, check out these articles:
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!