One of Ireland’s longest married couples gave their powerful testimony of faith, love and laughter.
The couple with the most years behind them was Ned and Eileen Cusack, having been married for 75 years. Their testimony was pre-recorded and shared on a large screen at the World Meeting of Families. The full testimony can be watched below.
They shared with joy how they met and what has kept them so happy all these years.
In particular, Eileen said that, “I think really, a sense of humor is very important.” Ned agreed and said, “A sense of humor is important … You have to laugh things out, not make mountains out of molehills.”
Besides having a sense of humor, both Ned and Eileen shared how their Catholic faith has been an essential part of their marriage. They each belonged to various parish organizations in their lifetime and have maintained their Catholic beliefs over the years.
Above all, their love for each other has only increased since the day of their wedding and they still talk like two newlyweds, 75 years later.
Watch their beautiful testimony below:
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!