This two-year-old was surprised with a daddy-daughter dance on the last day of the first round of chemotherapy.
Of the four rounds of chemotherapy Phoenix will eventually have to complete, this is only the first, but her father wanted to make the day something special. Dressed up in a black suit, he surprised her in her hospital room and asked her to dance.
Christina Thompson, Phoenix’s mother, said, “I don’t think I could have picked a better man for my kids. These little moments make these times not so hard.”
Over 300 people have donated to the GoFundMe raising money for Phoenix’s treatments, which is still working on reaching its goal of $30,000. You can see more in the video above.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!