When the Church was in a crisis, these saints came to the rescue.
As St. Paul wrote in his letter to the Romans, “where sin increased, grace abounded all the more” (Romans 5:20).
This should give us hope, recognizing the providence of God and how he does not leave us as orphans, but continues to guide the members of his Church to truth, beauty and goodness.
Below is a slideshow of five such holy reformers who were sent by God to return the Church to the essence of the Gospel message.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!