Here’s the secret that every saint followed when spreading the Gospel message.
The good news is that this does not need to happen. In fact, the saints provide the key to avoid apostolic burnout.
French Trappist monk Dom Jean-Baptiste Chautard relates this secret of the saints in his popular book The Soul of the Apostolate. Below are a few excerpts from his book that explain what is necessary to prevent a missionary from abandoning their vocation.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!