A simple and inexpensive way to spread kindness creatively.
Small moments can turn a person’s day around, reminding us of all the good there is in the world. That’s why WiRocks is dedicated to a ministry of kindness, painting rocks with beautiful designs and leaving them for some lucky traveler to find.
Kindness rocks can be whatever you want them to be. You can paint images or designs or messages such as “you are loved” or “seize the day.”
This Wisconsin chapter was founded by Crystal Zagorski, but anyone can open a group anywhere. “We like to do them as a family and with friends,” she said.
Some people who find the rocks choose to keep them as personal reminders, but many people re-hide them somewhere else for another to find. On their Facebook page, it’s not uncommon to find multiple pictures of the same rocks posted again and again.
The yellow ones get googley eyes tomorrow. Then they'll be planted about town. #WIrocks #spreadjoy #WeArted #familyfuninWI #rockout #414rocks
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!