He stopped to play for his fiancee, Hailey Baldwin.
Christian Headlines notes that Bieber played three songs: “Fast Car” by Tracy Chapman, “Cold Water” by Major Lazer and himself, and “Good Good Father,” a worship song by Chris Tomlin, which one onlooker caught footage of.
Bieber reportedly stopped playing at one point to call out toward Hailey, “I love you babe. I love you so much.”
Ever since Bieber began hanging around the Hillsong Worship crew, he has been very open about his Christian faith. Shortly after he proposed to Baldwin, he wrote in an Instagram post.
“I promise to lead our family with honor and integrity letting Jesus through his Holy Spirit guide us in everything we do and every decision we make. Gods timing really is literally perfect, we got engaged on the seventh day of the seventh month, the number seven is the number of spiritual perfection, it’s true GOOGLE IT!”
He concluded by quoting Proverbs 18:22, writing, “‘He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains FAVOR from the Lord! This is the year of favor!!!!”
Hailey Baldwin is also open about her faith as a Christian. In a 2016 interview with Teen Vogue, she said:
“I was raised in church. I was brought up in that life, and I think that it’s very important for everybody to be in touch with their spirituality and to have a relationship with God.”
She continued, “I think that God kind of put me in the place in my life to not be quiet about it, not be quiet about him, but to reach people and to inspire people.”
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!