St. Pope Paul VI (as of Sunday) was the pope who made Ratzinger a cardinal
The Holy See reported that Francis went to visit Benedict in the Vatican monastery where he has stayed since his retirement.
Pope Paul VI was the pope that made Joseph Ratzinger a cardinal. It was Pope Montini’s last consistory, in 1977.
It was Benedict who recognized the heroic virtue of his predecessor in 2012.
One of the few public appearances of Benedict’s retirement was at Paul VI’s beatification in 2014.
Support Aleteia takes a minute
If you’re reading this article, it’s precisely thanks to your generosity and to that of many other people like you that make possible the evangelization project of Aleteia. Here some numbers:
- 20 million of users around the world read Aleteia.org every month.
- Aleteia is published daily in eight languages: French, English, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Slovenian.
- Each month, our readers view more than 50 million pages.
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia’s social media pages.
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos.
- All of this work is carried out by 60 people working full-time and approximately 400 other collaborators (writers, journalists, translators, photographers…).
As you can imagine, behind these numbers there is a big effort. We need your support so we can keep offering this service of evangelization to everyone, regardless of where they live or what they can afford to pay.
Support Aleteia from as little as $1 – and only takes a minute. Thank you!