The holy Carmelite nun gives us a profound insight in how to begin our journey towards God.
In it, Teresa begins by explaining the interior life by using an analogy, describing it as a “castle,” with Jesus at the center. However, before we can reach the center we must first enter the front gate of the castle. St. Teresa explains the process in the first part of her book, explaining how the first room must be entered with three things in hand: prayer, meditation and humility.
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!