Caring for our bodies is a recognition of our God-given dignity.
If you’re struggling with following through on your commitment to exercise more frequently, try this prayer:
Father, You have bestowed on each human person the dignity of being created in Your own image and likeness — a dignity that I too often ignore in myself and in others. I’ve made a resolution to believe in this dignity and to treat my body with the care it deserves so that I may better serve You and Your Kingdom. I do not make this choice out of vanity or selfishness, but out of humility and love. I offer up my efforts today, in union with Christ’s most holy Sacrifice, for the salvation of souls and to make reparation for sin. I ask that You provide me with the peace, strength, and endurance to complete this practice. I ask this in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!