These ancient prayers invoke God’s power to dispel the darkness of evil.
These fallen angels, often referred to as “demons,” try to tempt us away from God and will use any means necessary. This put us right in the crosshairs of a spiritual battle that we can not win by ourselves.
The good news is that with the help of God, these demonic creatures have no power over us and can easily be cast out. All we need to do is have a strong faith in God, united to the sacraments of the Church, and call upon his heavenly aid.
Here are seven such prayers that exorcists and saints have used over the centuries to turn away Satan’s temptations and prevent him and his minions from harming us.
Support Aleteia! It only takes a minute.
If you’re reading this article, it’s thanks to the generosity of people like you, who have made Aleteia possible.
Here are some numbers:
- 20 million users around the world read Aleteia.org every month
- Aleteia is published every day in eight languages: English, French, Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish, and Slovenian
- Each month, readers view more than 50 million pages
- Nearly 4 million people follow Aleteia on social media
- Each month, we publish 2,450 articles and around 40 videos
- We have 60 full time staff and approximately 400 collaborators (writers, translators, photographers, etc.)
As you can imagine, these numbers represent a lot of work. We need you.
Support Aleteia with as little as $1. It only takes a minute. Thank you!